Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Rejoice Always


note: This passage is very personal for me to post as it is simply a prayer I wrote out while looking out over Portland (where this photo was taken) and at the end of a week long missions trip to the Portland Rescue Mission. It was an out pouring of my heart.  I feel it is important to share but it is difficult to be so transparent and open with what is a letter to my Father.




LORD,
my heart is wrenched for the people of this city.
I long to stay and love on them more yet I know
I must go wherever you send me.
This time here has changed my thinking and my heart,
so many things I have learned here and these people are my family.

I long for heaven where we will rejoice and love together in Your presence God.
But I know You have work for me here still.
Thank You for the purpose You bring to my life.
LORD my soul is over whelmed by You and the ways that work.
God I pray You work in this city and bring hearts to You.

LORD I know Your son did NOT die in vain
But for the forgiveness of sins that we might know You!
Thank You SO much for the pain it took to bring us to salvation
and the willing sacrifice that Your son was/is.

Thank you that my savior is Risen! and alive!
Thank You that You redeemed me and love me.
LORD You are so good and Your mercy is unending.
My heart is overflowing, LORD I pour out my WHOLE life to You!

YHWH be my everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment