More than an emotion or a feeling,
Your joy is a presence ever with me.
I need not rely on my own human emotions,
But rest in Your divine knowledge of joy.
Not a knowledge of the mind,
But of the heart.
To be at peace in the darkest times because
You hold me up and sustain my soul
even when my flesh fails me,
my God, my Messiah NEVER will!
Never ending joy can come from one place,
one Person, one Spirit!
A triune God that stays with me
when the world threatens to crush me and steal my joy,
I get my strength from the LORD of heaven and Earth.
And my joy, peace, and rest is found in Him!
He loves me and walks with me in this way,
Even carrying me when I am to weak to go on.
Assuring me of who I am in Him.
comforting me with utterances to my heart
which cannot be spoken.
My joy in troubled times,
My God, my Messiah, my source of joy!
Your joy is a presence ever with me.
I need not rely on my own human emotions,
But rest in Your divine knowledge of joy.
Not a knowledge of the mind,
But of the heart.
To be at peace in the darkest times because
You hold me up and sustain my soul
even when my flesh fails me,
my God, my Messiah NEVER will!
Never ending joy can come from one place,
one Person, one Spirit!
A triune God that stays with me
when the world threatens to crush me and steal my joy,
I get my strength from the LORD of heaven and Earth.
And my joy, peace, and rest is found in Him!
He loves me and walks with me in this way,
Even carrying me when I am to weak to go on.
Assuring me of who I am in Him.
comforting me with utterances to my heart
which cannot be spoken.
My joy in troubled times,
My God, my Messiah, my source of joy!
No comments:
Post a Comment